A Natural Retreat | Kefalonia, Greece |
5 night/6 day Retreat
Please contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
Katia from Greece in the Box and Helen from Taste Hopping will be co-hosting a unique nature-based retreat on the Greek island of Kefalonia. The trip will take place from Friday, August 23rd through Wednesday, August 28th, 2018.
Originally from Kefalonia with a great passion and love for her heritage and land, Katia will immerse guests in a unique way of natural living. Guests will explore the majestic island of Kefalonia through swimming in its crystal-clear waters, harvesting grapes to make wine, discovering the traditional processes of farming, meeting local winemakers and farmers, interacting with local homemakers, learning from professional chefs, fishing with passionate fishermen and walking through villages with locals.
The retreat will be hosted in an enchanting 200 year-old estate where a beautiful traditional home sits tranquilly surrounded by olive trees, fig trees, and a 100 year-old vineyard. Kouvalata is a quiet village located in the Paliki region of Kefalonia. Situated on a hill with gorgeous sea and mountain views, Kouvalata is the perfect destination to relax and to experience pure Mediterranean living. Escaping from the hustle and bustle of city living, guests will appreciate home-cooked meals based on seasonal local produce and ingredients. Fishing with local fisherman and enjoying fresh-caught fish directly on the boat is an experience that will not be forgotten. We will spend the most important day of the year together collecting grapes to make wine and we will visit local wineries to taste delicious local wines. Every day we will swim at a different beach, experience exquisite sunsets and eat at local tavernas. Of course, important island site-visits will not be missing from this type of retreat.
The veranda will be our playground where we will spend countless hours reading, eating delicious food, and indulging in conversations under a blanket of stars.
This intimate, 6 day long retreat is open to only 6 guests
When: Friday, August 23rd to Wednesday, August 28th, 2019. Please contact Helen at email@example.com
for booking details.
Where: Kouvalata, Kefalonia. Closest airport Kefalonia International Airport (EFL)
Price : €2,700/ person – single occupancy | €2,300/ person – double occupancy (April – October) || €2,000/ person – single occupancy | €1,600/ person – double occupancy (November – March)
The retreat will take place in English.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from Kefalonia International Airport (EFL) on arrival and departure day.
- Transportation for the entire trip in large SUV.
- Shared accommodation in rustic village home. Each room is private with a queen-size bed. 2 shared bathrooms with showers in home.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Drinks and snacks during our site visits and activities.
- Drinks and snacks in car.
- Site entry tickets.
- All excursions, as well as cooking sessions with your hosts.
- A special, curated selection of gifts during your stay.
- A visit to two local wineries (modern vs. rustic)
- A special day in the vineyards and celebratory lunch
- A walk through an olive tree grove and wheat field. Bread-making workshop using the wheat from the field we will visit.
- A morning at an organic farm and marmalade workshop
- Swimming in crystal-clear water beaches
- A picnic on a secluded beach
- A day fishing with a local fisherman and eating on deck
- Endless discussions
- A walk through Argostoli town
- A walk through Kouvalata village
- 1 welcome Greece in the Box kit per person
- 5 home-made breakfasts
- 1 lunch at sea
- 1 celebratory lunch on grape-picking day
- 1 picnic lunch at the beach
- 1 lunch at local taverna on the beach
- 4 dinners at local restaurants and/or Kouvalata
- 1 farewell dinner
- Unlimited water, beverages and snacks at home and in car
- Airfare to/from Kefalonia
- Personal shopping
- Extra drinks or snacks not provided during the trip
- Any personal incidentals
As this unique retreat will only be available to 6 guests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Hope to see you on Kefalonia!
Katia and Helen xx