Kefalonia Day Tour – SOLD OUT for 2018
Available from 01/06/2018 until 15/10/2108
Days: Monday – Saturday
Starting time: 9:30 am
Meeting point: Argostoli
Duration: 9.5 hours
How many people: Min. 2 – Max. 6
Price: €140 / person
This lushly vegetated island with spectacular beaches and crystal clear waters luxuriates in the Ionian Sea. Along with its breathtaking views, it boasts a rich archeological history and cultural tradition.
Kefalonia’s unique geological phenomena and untouched wild habitat make for distinctive flavours and a unique cuisine. From its traditional sugar coated almonds (mandoles), to its crisp *Robola wine, it is a gastronomic haven for foodies and nature lovers. Local ingredients and homegrown produce are revered; locals take great pride in holding up traditional farming practices and respecting what the island unreservedly offers.
Its people, its food, and its incredibly beautiful natural habitat make Kefalonia a ‘must see’ destination!
Located in the Ionian Sea (just a 45minutes flight from Athens), your day trip will entail a tour around villages, cooking and eating with locals, walking in 100 year-old family vineyards, making marmalade from handpicked fruit, and if you are lucky, hugging sheep!
Your guide will be a local and the tour will be a semi-private (up to 6 people) affair.
- 9:30 – Meet in Argostoli (King Agamemnon Hotel meeting point)
- 10:00-12:00 – Drive to a local organic farm restaurant to pick fruit and make marmalade from scratch (coffee and tea is served)
- 13:30-15:15 – Swim in one of the sublime beaches
- 15:30-18:00 – A bread-making class and lunch at a local’s home where you will get the chance to chat about local cuisine and traditions whilst sipping on homemade *Robola wine. After lunch you will go for a walk in a 100 year- old family vineyard.
- 18:00-19:00 – Walk around village (optional stop for coffee at a local’s home)
- 19:00 – Return to Argostoli
- Transportation from point of departure until return to Argostoli
- Morning coffee/beverage
- Marmalade Class
- Lunch (includes wine, dessert, coffee, local herbal tea)
- Bread-Making Class
- Coffee at local’s house
- Water, beverages and snacks in car
- Take away Greece in the Box kit with four local food items from Kefalonia (worth 35 euro)
*The Robola grape has been declared a “Protected Designation of Origin” product. Robola only grows on the island of Kefalonia.
Join us on this unique day trip
Available from June 01st, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
Kefalonia Day Tour
What language will the guide speak?
For the time being our tours are offered in English. We are working on including other languages!
What is included in the price?
Transportation from point of departure until return to Argostoli
Lunch (includes wine, dessert, coffee, local herbal tea)
Coffee at local’s house
Water, beverages and snacks in car
Take away Greece in the Box kit with four local food items from Kefalonia (worth 35Euros)
What is the payment method?
Pay 20% up front and remaining balance on the day of the tour.
What is our refund policy?
In the case that you cancel 7 days before the tour date, you will receive a full refund.
In the event that you cancel 3 days before the tour date, we refund 50%
How many people will be taking the tour?
A maximum of 6 people will be on this tour.
Can children join the tour?
Yes, children are more than welcome but due to transportation space limitations, we have to count them as ‘one person.’ Nevertheless, as we in no way want to discourage young families from taking this tour, children (up to 14) will have a 50% discount.
What about dietary restrictions?
As long as we know in advance, we will try our very best to cater to people with food allergies. As for people who are lactose intolerant, follow a gluten free diet, are vegetarians or vegans, we will do our best to accommodate to your dietary needs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.